Tuesday, September 15, 2009

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!! - Mandy - 15th Sept

Let me start this blog by pointing out that my Title is not referring to sights or anything like that. Noooooooooooo instead I am refering to the fact that this afternoon whilst at a winery I was not deemed to be over 21 unless I could produce my ID (which I could not as it was with the rest of my luggage which had been taken away.) So I had to sit an WATCH the other 5 people (including Michael - who doesn't DRINK) taste wine. While I sat in the corner sulking about not being able to try the wine, I was feeling torn over the fact I couldn't taste it but also that had to be asked for ID and they might actually think I might be under 21 - which under any other set of standards would be good. (Photo taken by me sitting sulking in the corner - it is of all the others wine tasting.)

Anyway I have been side tracked here (obviously I am still cut up about the experience.) The day was an early start - presenting at our Rotary presentation at Glenwood Springs 0700hrs this morning. We then quickly wetn home and packed out stuff. On the way out to Grand Junction we stopped off at Storm King Ridge (I think that is what it was called) - anyway about 18 fire-fighters died there. Great hike. We then moved onto Palisade - where we had lunch and did a tour of Talbots (family business which grows peaches, apples, pear, plums, grapes.) After that we moved onto a winery (which you have heard my version already).

We then met a number of Grand Junction Rotary members at Cliff and Teresa house for drinks and nibbles. Busy day of tours, Rotary meeting and vocational visits tomorrow so I had best finish up this blog for today. I have just worked out this ISN'T my last blog. @#$^&* - Damn it, I was sure it was - oh well you are stuck with one more from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment