Thursday, September 10, 2009

My time in Gunnison


Ang Says: Vocation day again, I went to visit Six Points they have a thrift shop and have 15 consumers that access day options, accommodation, open employment and supported employment, this organisation is funded by Federal, State, local and donations. The case manager Pattie showed me that they charge by a unit which sounds like a lot of work for me, after spending the morning with Pattie I walked down to the main street to get a well earned coffee and rang my host mum Bev, Bev said she knew the place and was on her way.
The ongoing joke with the team is that I fall asleep anywhere, well this is not far from the truth, as I was sitting on the chair waiting for an hour for Bev, I was feeling sleepy and struggled not to fall asleep in the main street, finally Bev picked me up after going to every coffee shop in town....but that ok Bev struggles with the same problem.
We had lunch and spent the afternoon window shopping, the Tee shop was generous enough to give all the team members a couple of T-shirts compliments of the Gunnison Rotary club.
Tonight has been very entertaining as Dave and Bev have been wonderful hosts, Dave has a great sense of humour, he got me to try pinon nuts, I said Dave how can you eat these there crunchy, he said you have to crack them first ..Ha ha will have to try that on my team mates tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment