Monday, September 14, 2009






There is a light at the end of the tunnel, not long to go now..
Today was rest day which means we have no rotary commitments and no GSE shirts Hey..
We started with the hot springs so I thought but everyone was waiting at the Vapour room across the road, well they found me so it doesn’t matter. The vapour room is a natural sauna it was so hot, I lasted 30 minutes before I had to get out, I thought I would lose all fluids from my body, the rest of the team was stronger than a I, some stayed and enjoyed a massage others went to the hot springs, this hot springs is the largest in the world. After soaking for a couple of hours we were then off to a treat not everyone would receive.
Steve the coordinator (Mandy’s host) for Glenwood Springs took us out in his aeroplane, this plane was built in 1968 and is a single engine that seated 4 people it was amazing, Steve has flown planes since he was 19 and was something to remember.
As the day rolled on we had a traditional thanks’ giving dinner at Emma’s host family, it had all the trimmings and I have all the pictures to prove it. The tradition is to feast until you can’t move a lot like Christmas except American’s do it twice, We were then given gift’s to celebrate the good friendships that we have made.
Early day tomorrow and we all have a busy schedule for the next week hopefully we will make it out alive

No comments:

Post a Comment