Friday, August 21, 2009

Mandy : Tuesday 18th August


I think others have talked through this day – but in short my day was with a Defence Criminal Investigator (thanks Jamie) and we focused on software used in their systems and OHSW practices. I took a heap of notes on things while I was there and am now frantically trying to find where I put them – HELP Jamie I hope I didn’t leave them there (luckily most of it I put to memory). In the afternoon, despite the inclement weather we had a tour of the U.S Airforce Academy given us to a retired Colonel (thanks to Ed – very interesting tour). Probably the scariest thing was walking up to the extremely impressive church and seeing a sign warning us of tornados!!!! Tornados in Colorado – we were told that never happens!!!! Hmmmmm a bit on wrong advice there I think. Following this tour - Emma, Debi and I had spent the previous night in Denver with Libby, Will, Sam and Chris. What a wonderful city Denver is – definitely somewhere I would love to come back to. Sam had a great apartment we the roof top garden looks out over the city of Denver. WOW. Thanks Debi, Libby, Sam, Will and Chris for a great night out – wonderful location, food, drinks and company. Our return to Colorado Springs was eventful with Shine, the brown Labrador, having found Emma and my chocolate inside our bags she had and a wonderful evening herself eating it all except for the Jalapeño – very funny..

No comments:

Post a Comment